Friday, October 8, 2010

It feels like Summer!

Well, the weather is getting warmer, the bbq has been pulled out of the garage and dusted off, and the house has been opened up for the upcoming summer weather! You can feel the change in the air as it nears, Golf Season starts again for the boys, I start to think about planning Chloe's bday party, and of course Christmas! My FAV time of year! When you are a kid, Christmas is so exciting, you do the little traditions like leaving the milk and cookies out and setting your Santa sack on the end of the bed. You can't fall asleep Christmas eve because you are so excited to wake up and see what Santa has brought for you. Then you wake up at 5am and race in and wake the whole house up, only to be sent back to lie awake in bed for the next 2 hours until Mum and Dad think it's a reasonable hour to get up! Then you get a little older and the tradition changes to going out with your friends Xmas eve, getting smashed and spending Xmas majorly hungover, only barely surviving the whole damn festive day without throwing up on your Christmas lunch. Then you settle down, have your own kids, and they get to the magical age where they know who Santa is, that they get to decorate a tree, start counting down the sleeps, and of course, most importantly, they are going to get HEAPS of presents! And all of a sudden, Christmas is a magical, exciting time again. I don't know who is more excited about Christmas this year, me or the girls! We are spending it at the beach this year, a tradition we haven't been able to do the last few years. Unfortunately I made the mistake of filling Chloe in on our plans a little too early, so for the last couple of months all I have been hearing is "Is it Christmas yet Mummy?" I think next year I will wait until the 1st of December when I bring the tree out to say "It's nearly Christmas!"
So now the planning begins. Not for everyone, only control freaks like me! Or if you have a 4 year old's birthday in November, Christmas in December, your husbands 30th in January and a baby due in February! But I think the planning is half the fun! I am currently searching for the perfect Santa sacks for my children to have from now on, and now we know the sex of the baby and have picked a name, I can order them already customized! Aahhh, so much to look forward to!
Chow for now! x

No comments:

Post a Comment