Friday, October 8, 2010

It's Popped!

Yup, my belly has finally 'popped'. This is a very technical term us preggo women use to announce that we no longer just look fat, but we actually look pregnant! And there are certain indicators of this. Such as:
  • when you need a pillow between your knees to sleep comfortably
  • you need to point your knee out to the side when putting on shoes, underwear etc
  • you need to crawl around on hands and knees to pick up the million and one toys your kids have splayed across the lounge room floor
  • you can comfortably balance a packet of chips/nuts/biscuits on your belly while you sit on the couch and watch repeats of the Hills
  • you can sit and watch your little being kick and squirm, as your belly jumps and moves (my fav)
This is my favourite time of being pregnant, the time in between the first 12 weeks when u feel like some days you could curl up into a ball and die, and the last month or so, when you feel like your belly is going to explode, you sound like a fat man when you breathe and walk with a Very unappealing waddle. Plus this is going to be my first pregnancy where I spend the end of it in the Summer. And anyone who knows me knows that I don't deal well with the heat at the best of times, let alone when I am 20 kgs over weight and carrying around a baby inside me! So Bill has been pre-warned, and will probably be spending most of the summer on the golf course!
But after saying all that, I feel so lucky that I am able to create, nourish and grow a healthy baby inside of me. So many take it for granted, and I think it is such a beautiful gift that so many abuse. Feeling your baby kick, is the most beautiful thing you can experience before meeting them in person, and as this is most probably our last baby, I am enjoying Every moment of it!
Chow for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment