Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Time Flies...

Wow, it has been a while since i posted anything on my poor, neglected little blog! Reading back through the previous posts has been so strange, it reminds you how quickly time passes. Alot has happened since my last post, our beautiful Olivia Willow was born on the 16th of February, the 2 'big girls' in school, Bill starting a new business and we are expecting another baby. How times change! So I am going to make more of an effort to find the time to update this blog. A little place where i can document our lives, and catch some of those moments that just seem to pass before we can appreciate them.

It’s 10.26pm and I am sitting on the couch by myself because I can’t sleep. Again. In the 1st trimester of this pregnancy, I struggled to keep my eyes open past 7, now I’m lucky if I get to sleep before midnight! It is safe to say that this pregnancy is very different from the others. So far atleast. I wonder if it's because I am carrying a boy for the 1st time after birthing 3 little girls? I will never forget those 3 magical words the day of the amniocentesis, ‘It’s a Boy’. The tears were out before I even felt them coming. After doing everything possible to try and conceive a boy, and knowing that this was our last child, the relief was immense. Now don’t think for a second that if it had have been a baby girl, we wouldn’t have loved and cherished that babe as much as we have our other 3 little women, but to give my husband a so longed for son was the best feeling in the world. 

So now we wait. And I grow this little person inside of me. I have always loved being pregnant. Once you get past the first few months and start to get your energy back, watching your body grow and nourish that baby is amazing. I have been amazed each time at what my body is capable of. I feel so very blessed to be able to create life with the one I love. And I cant wait to meet our last little blessing, the final piece to our puzzle.

So I have been focusing on trying to look after myself, which isn't easy with 3 little girls with a social life like theirs! Between school, gymnastics, calisthenics, ballet, swimming lessons, play dates, etc it has been hard to find the time to just rest. I wouldn't change my life for the world, but my God its tiring! Throw in a husband who runs his own business and works crazy hours, and it all becomes a little overwhelming sometimes!

But that’s all part of being a mother and a wife. I am so lucky to be able to be a stay at home mum, and I really do cherish it. So I may not have time to do my makeup every morning, and I spend more time organizing my kids social life than I do mine, but that’s fine with me. Because before I know it, they will be grown and wont need me to take care of them anymore. And that is a day this mama dreads!

Well I'm off to lay awake in bed for a couple more hours! Haha The joys of pregnancy! 

xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment